Adult Programming Information
Mission and Goals
Programs, services and outreach provided by The Beaverton Library Adult Services Division will:
- Inspire creativity and lifelong learning by providing easily accessible sources of knowledge for engagement in learning.
- Inspire adults to be engaged and connect with new topics, their community, and their current interests and are designed to be welcoming and inclusive for all.
- Help adults in Beaverton improve their quality of life.
Statement of inclusion: Adults in Beaverton will feel welcome at library programs regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, mental or physical-ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or socio-economic status.
If you have a program that you are interested in presenting at the Beaverton City Library, please review the deadlines, priorities and information below. Please fill out the program proposal form and a library staff member will contact you if your program is selected. The library will select programs based on how well they fit into our mission and current programming goals, if there is budget available, and if there is room in our programming schedule.
Please be advised: Because of the volume of program proposals received, the Beaverton City Library is not able to respond to each proposal submitted. If your program is selected, a staff member will be in touch with you.
Planning and publicity for programs generally occurs between 4-6 months prior to the scheduled date of the program.
|Programs happening in:
||Proposal should be submitted no later than:
| January - April
|| October 15
| May - August
|| January 15
| September - December
|| April 15
The Beaverton City Library publicizes library-sponsored programs on the Beaverton City Library website and the Washington County Cooperative Library Services website, as well in flyers, news releases, social media sites, and other outlets. If your program is selected, your library staff member liaison will get in touch with you about graphics, logos, text, and other elements that will be helpful in publicizing the program.
Payment for Programs:
Generally, program presenters and performers are paid by check on the date of the scheduled program at the library. In order for this to happen, the library must receive your W-9 form and signed invoice for your program at least 3 weeks before the scheduled date of the program. In many cases, the library will create a Performance Confirmation as well, in addition to any contract that you may normally use.
As stated in our Mission and Goals:
- Statement of inclusion: Adults in Beaverton will feel welcome at library programs regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, mental or physical-ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or socio-economic status.
- In addition, the Beaverton City Library expects program presenters / performers to follow current copyright law in regards to the use of music and/or other copyrighted materials.
Planning & Logistics
Your library staff liaison will contact you via the preferred contact information you provided on your proposal. In addition to confirming any contract details, technical requirements and/or supply needs for your program, your library staff liaison can also provide you with information about arriving to the library, parking, unloading/loading your equipment, and where in the building the program will be held.
I have read the summary information above, and would like to submit a program proposal for adults.