Most library materials circulate for 21 days.
- New Fiction DVDs & Blu-ray Discs (Kid’s and Adult’s) - 7 days
- Video Games – 7 days
- In-Demand, Non-Holdable Books & Audio Books – 14 days
- Reference Materials - Non-circulating
Renewing Materials and Checking Your Account Status
If not on hold for another patron, most items may be renewed for four additional loan periods by phone, in person, or on-line. You may view instructions for this process on the WCCLS site. There are several ways to renew materials:
- Automated phone renewals - call the 24-hour Telephone Renewal Line at 503-846-3245. You will need your library card number and password. (Not sure what your password is? Try the last four digits of your phone number.)
- In person - Ask library staff to renew items on your account at the Circulation Desk or by calling the Circulation Division at 503-644-2197, option 1.
- Online - access your WCCLS Patron Account from home or at the Library. You will need your library card number and password. (Not sure what your password is? Try the last four digits of your phone number.)
Most circulating items found on WCCLS can be reserved by placing a hold. As soon as it is available, the item will be transferred to the library you designate and held for one week for you to pick up. You will be notified by email that your reserve is being held, unless you notify library staff that you wish to receive a notice by phone or mail. There are several ways to place a reserve:
- In person - ask a librarian for help or get holds assistance at the Circulation Desk.
- By phone - call 503-644-2197 and choose Children's, Teen or Adult desks.
- Online - access the WCCLS Library Catalog from home or at the Library. You will need your library card number and password. (Not sure what your password is? Try the last four digits of your phone number.) See video instructions for placing holds from the online catalog.
- To place a hold from the online catalog:
- Search the WCCLS catalog to identify the title you wish to reserve.
- Click on the “Place Request” button located beneath the title.
- Enter your full library card barcode without any spaces or dashes, your password, and designate the “Pickup Library” to which you want the reserve sent using the drop down menu.
- Click on the “Submit Request” button to complete your reserve request.
- To see your place in line for a title, bring up your patron record in WCCLS and click on the “Requests” button for a list of the items you have on hold. The number in the “Queue” column indicates your place in line for all available copies in the county.
Fines and Fees
All materials in the Juvenile Collections are overdue fine free. Patrons will be billed replacement cost for items that are more than 25 days overdue, however, so remember to renew or return before then.
Young Adult and Adult materials returned after their due dates are subject to the following overdue fines (applied per item):
All Young Adult and Adult materials: $.25 per day (to a maximum of $5.00 per item)
More information about the fine rate change is available at WCCLS Fine Rate Changes FAQ.
Overdue notices are emailed approximately 2 days after items are due, but fines accrue from the first day after the due date. Checkout is not permitted when the total account balance reaches $10.00; overdue fines may be paid at any Washington County Library.
Fees for lost or damaged materials are billed by the owning library and include the replacement cost of the item and a processing fee.
All library materials may be returned to any public library in Washington County. At the main Beaverton City Library, drive-up return slots are located on the east side of the building off of Tucker Street, and are open 24 hours a day. Inside the Library, return slots are located at the Circulation Desk and are available during Library operating hours.