Welcome to the Volunteer Program
The mission of Beaverton City Library's volunteer program is to create connections and build community in support of library services and programs. Last year, over 400 volunteers donated nearly 20,000 hours of their time and expertise, helping connect the community to library programs and services. Volunteers are an integral part of our team and a valuable asset to our library. With volunteer positions to match most schedules and interests, we are confident you will find Beaverton City Library a highly rewarding place to share your time and energy.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Meet new people
- Be an active member of your community
- Get that "warm, fuzzy, feel-good" feeling
- Complete service learning requirements for school
- Support the second busiest library in the state
- Build your resume
- Explore career options
- Have fun!
Our goal is for library volunteers to feel that their time is valued, benefits the community, and supports the library’s mission. To ensure the experience benefits both the volunteer and our staff, volunteers should be:
- Age 14* or older
- Looking for an ongoing opportunity lasting three months or longer
- Able to commit to a regular schedule (weekly or monthly) – at most 10 hours per week
- Willing to complete a background check
- Passionate about reading and libraries
- Ongoing opportunities, including materials movement, Technology Tutor, Homework Helper, and program support, require the assistance and support of talented, energetic volunteers.
- Seasonal and group opportunities include Summer Reading program help, packet prep, World Language storytimes, Discovery Grocery Store, Family Resource Fair, Beaverton Celebration Parade, and summer leadership positions.
How to Apply
To volunteer at Beaverton City Library, complete an online volunteer application. Please note that this application portal is not supported by Windows XP. Hard copy applications are available by request. Completed applications should be returned to the service desk at either library location or mailed to:
Beaverton City Library
12375 SW 5th St
Beaverton, OR 97005
As the library receives a high volume of volunteer applications weekly, please allow 3-5 weeks for application processing and review. If an applicant passes an application review, the library's volunteer manager will contact you to schedule an interview. Successful candidates will work with the volunteer manager to set their schedule and training date/time.